Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MK Glam! The Mary Kay Look

Have you guys heard of influenster? I hadn't heard of it until I started my blog and I thought I'd give it a try. And within a week of joining I got sent an email saying I was going to receive a "VoxBox" - thats what they call their trial boxes - from Mary Kay.


It came with:
lilac cream eyeshadow
cream eyeshadow brush
lash primer
mascara 
and hot pink lipstick

In the past when I've used cream eyeshadow I hadn't really been a fan of it. It always seems to come off in the creases of your eyes and makes your makeup look all funky. And I usually stay away from purple colors. BUT. This eyeshadow stayed on all day. And the purple looked really good with my green eyes! I just wish I had another color I could blend with it cause I like to have multiple tones on my eye. The brush it came with was so soft and silky. I'm so glad they gave me a brush cause I wouldn't have wanted to get the cream on my other eyeshadow brush.


Ive never used lash primer before. I'm assuming its just like a clear mascara. On the website it says that its supposed to help your mascara stay on longer. The mascara seemed to have stayed on all day so I guess it did its job :p

I loved the case that the lipstick is in. I don't know how to explain it but its really cool. The pink wasn't too overwhelming which was nice. It actually matched the color of my blush really nicely. 



Ps. If anyone wants an invitation just let me know and I will totally send you one (:

3 comments :

  1. i want an invitation! By far my favorite mascara is Mary Kay. Nothing has beat it. Which one did they send you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I sent you an invite!!! And they sent me lash love lengthening (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, another box for me to join! I need to join.
    I'm a box junkie, take a look at these > http://effiegirl.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-boxes.html

    Found you through My Mom's A Whack Job, and received a Liebster Award with you!

    Liking your blog!
    Wendy @effiegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete