Saturday, May 25, 2013

The yummiest oatmeal that ever existed. Ever.

Lately I have been trying to eat clean. Or well - cleaner.

What exactly does eating clean mean? Well

When someone makes the choice to eat "clean" they are choosing to eliminate all processed foods and extra additives from their diet.  Basically, you are choosing to eat whole, unrefined foods.  

You basically add a ton of fruits and veggies to your diet. 
Ive also found that people who eat clean tend to use a lot of 

Coconut flour
Oats and oat flour
Coconut oil
Quinoa 
Almond milk
Greek yogurt 
Nuts
Dates
Bananas (they are in like everything!!!)

Its almost like being kinda vegan and kinda gluten free. But you still eat lean meats. 

By no means am I a clean eating queen. There are a lot of people I follow on instagram who are total queens of this and they are awesome. 


The first person I started to follow was this girl. Her name is Brianna and she lives in AZ too. And she has really cute dogs and really cute clothes (: 
Following her is what ultimately got me interested in eating clean(er).

The reason I am doing this is for me to be healthier and happier. I absolutely have more energy now that I've started eating this way and that is a very happy thing.

I still eat pasta and eat bread. I still love desserts. But now I am much more mindful of what I'm eating. 

I think about things before I eat them now. I used to be able to go out to dinner and get something that really isnt all that healthy and I would want to eat dessert from there right after. 
And now I have no desire to do that. It actually makes me feel guilty when I do. 

My favorite thing to eat right now are these amazing apple pie overnight oats. And OMG they are so good. I made overnight oats a few times and they were so weird. But I knew they were healthy and a good meal to start the day with so I decided to give it one more try. And thank God I did cause I found the most perfect overnight oats ever. 


Oats:
1 container of Apple Chobani Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of old fashion oats
1/3 cup of vanilla almond milk 
3 pinches of chia seeds

Topping:  (I make mine more than one serving at a time)
1/3 cup of agave nectar 
1/2 a large apple
cinnamon - I add it until you can tell that its starting to mix in with the agave nectar and beginning to coat the apples evenly 


Mix all the ingredients for the oats in a jar or cup you have a lid for and let them sit overnight (at least 6 hours)

In the morning microwave the oats for 1 minute and then add the apple pie topping and microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds 

No comments :

Post a Comment