Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How to make a GIF


If you have a MacBook there are so many cool Apps you can get in the App store.

This app is for making GIF's

What is a GIF you ask. Well GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format and it is a computer image that moves like an animation, because it consists of frames, like a movie with no sounds.
This is a GIF

To start go to the App store and download the App called GIFQuickMaker
This is what it looks like 

GIF's work best if you have 2+ pictures that are very similar. That is you take one picture, and in the second picture you move just a little bit.
We really only moved our faces in these two pictures 

A good way to tell if they are going to make a good GIF is if you use your left and right arrows and go back and forth through the pictures really fast it will look like you are dancing or something (I'm not sure if that makes sense but it did in my mind.) 
Once you download the App open it up and it will look something like this 


The picture below explains how to get your pictures all ready for the GIF




So the GIF at the beginning of this post is done with the time setting .10 on both frames and it is set to infinite so it keeps repeating. If you would like one frame to show longer than another or if you don't want your GIF to go on forever you can change those settings


 

Here is an example of what it looks like for the first frame to have a time of .30 and the second frame to be at .10 (still on infinite) 
you can see its slower than the first one 
And here is an example with the same time setting but not on infinite (it goes three times)


Finishing up!



If you don't like the way the time is set the first time you view your GIF you don't have to delete it or anything. Just go and edit what you want to change and press make GIF animation again and it will give you an updated preview. 

If you have any questions let me know!

Here are some other GIFs that I have made.

Thats my sister on the right (:








5 comments :

  1. Hahah fun app. The last one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so much fun! I used to make GIFs weekly. I could've listed it as a qualification on a resume haha

      Delete
  2. Haha that is so funny! I used to make GIF's through PS CS6 but I'm now downloading this app onto my MacBook Air as it seems way faster to make and finish up! Thanks for the great app!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how easy it is - I'm glad I could help you find a new app (:

      I used to make so many GIFS. Had a tumblr just for my GIFS haha

      Delete
  3. Haha i love that pictured. thanks for share..

    ReplyDelete