Saturday, June 22, 2013

playlist

I have been saving up songs for a while to start making these playlists. I think its important to listen to songs that are uplifting especially when you are feeling down.

If you have a breakup its really easy to just go and listen to sad songs. Which will inevitably make you more sad. And nobody wants you to be sad. Pinky promise.





I listen to a radio station called Air1 and its mainly a Christian radio station but the whole point of the radio station is to have encouraging songs. There have been many times I have been feeling down and a song on that station came on that made me feel like "Hey, you've got this girl. Everythings going to be fine." 





Anyways the radio station plays this little section where the bands explain their songs and the lead singer of Building 429 explained - The first time "We Won't Be Shaken" was preformed was for the town of Newton, Connecticut after the Sandy Brook Elementary School shooting. He said that the whole crowd started singing out we won't be shaken.

Just imaging that gives me the chills - it would be so empowering to be standing in a crowd that is devastated but them all coming together proclaiming that they will get through these hard time.



Sooner Or Later


On Your Own


Darlin Do Not Fear


Shake It Out


Oh how I love this song. There is so much meaning jam packed into it. And I think its really helpful for anyone who is going through any kind of struggle. Mistakes are made and thats life. It happens. We need to move on. Maybe you weren't the person you wanted to be but guess what. You can start today being the person you want to be. Nobody else can do it for you. You are the one who has to change your life. You have to be ready for what life has to bring. And you have to stand tall and fight through all your struggles. Thats how you find the beauty in life. Cut out what doesn't help you be the best person you can be. Don't be afraid of being alone for a bit. Its going to be for the best. You can have an amazing life if you are ready for the journey.


Bigger Than Love

I also love this song a lot a lot. It was my favorite song for a long time. It helped me get through a my rough freshman/sophomore year of high school. Just go look up the lyrics because really almost every single word has a purpose in the song. Its powerful. And so is love!


Written At A Rest Stop

Ok so this pictures isn't from this song but it goes along with the theme of this playlist and I couldn't find a picture for this song. I have told myself that I wouldn't be able to love anyone again after a breakup. But I was wrong. And guess what. If you are thinking that… you are wrong too. We are creatures of habit. We are made to love and be loved. And you are always loved and hopefully always believe in love.


And Run


I am going to be having some guest posts in the future with playlists that other girlys have made. So be looking out for those. 
I hope you enjoy these songs


you are loved
-dyl


8 comments :

  1. you've chosen some great songs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. im glad you like it! and listened to it! (:

      Delete
  3. Great song picks! I love Air1! Sadly we don't get it here in Memphis, but I can still stream it live when I'm at home. I do that often when I'm cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you get to listen to it online! I listen to it everywhere I go.
      Have you heard the song Wanted by Dara Maclean? I can't get enough of it

      Delete
  4. Hey Dylan,

    Wonderful songs! Thanks so much for sharing.

    I am coming via the 5 among friends google doc. Haha! Stopping by to connect! I have connected via bloglovin and pinterest. If you have a facebook or twitter account, please let me know as I use those as well.

    Thanks for being so awesome and I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for connecting with me! I can't wait to get to know you better as well

      (:
      dyl

      Delete